Oncology Services Educator
We are seeking a Nurse Educator with specialist experience in Oncology to join our team at John Flynn Private Hospital. This is a 12 month contract working 56 hours per fortnight.
As a Nurse Educator, you will contribute to and participate in the education of all clinical staff by being involved in orientation, in servicing, clinical competence programs and quality improvement practices of our Oncology unit.
This role will see you act as our professional resource in all facets of caring for Oncology & Haematology patients and problem solving within the clinical setting to assist in the development, implementation, delivery and evaluation of training and education programs to ensure our department is safe, effective and follows best practice.
To be successful you will have demonstrated clinical experience in a hospital setting with a passion for delivering patient care in line with our Ramsay Core Values. Additionally, you will be a positive role model, who demonstrates highly developed communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
Specialty experience in oncology is essential for this role along with the ability to develop, implement and evaluate educational programmes within the hospital.
You will also bring:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA
- Minimum five (5) years’ post graduate experience in an Oncology ward or unit.
- Ability to act as a positive role model with excellent communication and delegation skills
- Proven ability to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients
- Advanced understanding of ANMC competencies as per nursing registration
- Cert IV in workplace training and assessment or working towards.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is owned by Ramsay Health Care, a global leader in the operation of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, on the southern end of the Gold Coast. The hospital provides services to the Gold Coast, Tweed Coast and the NSW Northern Rivers communities.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Matthew Ballarin at BallarinM@ramsayhealth.com.au.