Nurse Unit Manager - Rehabilitation Unit
Job no: 505643
Work type: Full time
Location: Port Macquarie Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
An exciting opportunity exists for a professional and dedicated Nurse Unit Manager - Rehabilitation with strong managerial and leadership qualities to lead, support and empower our respected team at Port Macquarie Private Hospital.
Permanent Full Time opportunity
About the Role
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will hold a key leadership and management role, and be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all resources. This role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department.
You will also be responsible for working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery, in line with best practice and legislative requirements. Working closely with the Executive team you will help shape organisational strategies, improve service provisions and achieve departmental and Hospital strategic objectives.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset with a passion for client care and delivering high standards of customer-focused service in line with our Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will bring a capacity to lead, coach and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor to your team.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- A minimum of two year’s experience in a clinical leadership role
- Graduate certificate in Rehabilitation or previous Rehabilitation experience
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources
- Experience in management of change processes, risk management and quality improvement processes
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing education programs.
- Group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Alibility to apply research findings to clinical practice.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Port Macquarie Private Hospital is a 72 bed acute Medical/Surgical and Rehab facility with 6 Renal Chairs and a Day Surgery complex and is continually growing its services. Comprehensive Medical/Surgical services are offered with 24 hour Medical Officer Support including Rehabilitation, General Medical, General Surgical, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Bariatric Surgery, Urology, Plastic & Ophthalmology.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current working with children clearance prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Jennifer Freeland on FreelandJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 10th October 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend