Patient Care Assistant
Job no: 505810
Work type: Part time
Location: St Andrew's Ipswich Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
- Multiple Permanent Roles Available
- Up to 48 hours per Fortnight available. Dependent on candidate availability
- Grow your Career with Australia’s Largest Private Health provider
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for dedicated and motivated individuals to join the clinical team at St Andrew’s Private Hospital
As the Patient Care Assistant, you will work within a multidisciplinary team and assist the nursing team in the provision of care to our patients and their families.
Responsibilities will include;
- Assisting with patient mobility and transportation
- Patient hygiene and repositioning
- Cleaning and restocking to assist and ensure efficiency in the unit.
This role will see you joining a team of passionate professionals driven to provide safe, holistic care to each individual patient to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
To succeed in this role, you will be a self-motivated individual who can effectively work according to direction. You will possess strong communication skills and have excellent time management and organisation abilities. This role requires you to have the flexibility to work a rotating roster and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
You will also bring;
- Certificate III in Health Service Assistance or similar
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A high level of customer service and communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively according to directions
Most importantly, you will bring a caring and compassionate nature that enables you to provide supportive care to patients and their carer’s.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program(s)
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries only please email Peter Murphy, Nurse Unit Manager at MurphyP@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 29 September 2020
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend