Wollongong Private Hospital are seeking a Registered Nurse to join us as a Clinical Trials Coordinator to support the coordination of the clinical trials unit.
Permanent Part Time opportunity (0.5FTE)
About the Role
Working closely with Principal Investigators, associated research staff and site staff, you will co-ordinate and support clinical trial research activities conducted at the Hospital. This role will require you to ensure that a high quality, professional and efficient research service is provided consistently and in accordance with Good Clinical Practice and appropriate clinical trial regulations.
Your role will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Facilitating a high standard of clinical trials care by liaising with the medical and nursing staff delivering the care to the patient, and interacting with patients and their caregivers / family members regarding the patient’s participation in research;
- Assisting with the preparation, submission and responses for appropriate submissions to Ethic committees; and
- Assessing patient eligibility for clinical trials and performing randomisations where appropriate.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate the ability to coordinate and work in a multidisciplinary health care team environment with a commitment to high professional standards in all aspects of work. Your excellent communication and organisation skills, and your understanding of the importance of confidentiality and data integrity is critical for this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Registered or Enrolled Nurse currently authorised to practice by AHPRA or equivalent allied health or science qualification
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical trials methodology and knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP) requirements
- Ability to develop rapport with patients and their families in stressful situations
- Computer software, informatics, data collection and/or media skills
Candidates that meet the following criteria will be highly regarded:
- Substantial working experience in a research or clinical environment, including experience in the conduct and coordinator of clinical trials
- Experience in the area of oncology
- Understanding of ethics and governance in clinical research
On offer is a full-time equivalent, base annual salary starting from;
- $95,979 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
This role provides an opportunity to relocate seaside town of Wollongong and join our busy and innovative hospital team. The Illawarra is a beautiful region on the coast south of Sydney and is well known for its beautiful beaches and magnificent escarpment backdrop. It is fantastic location to ensure a work life balance
Wollongong Private Hospital is a 151 bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It will feature state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital provides all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Surgical specialities include orthopaedics, interventional cardiology, ophthalmology, ENT, bariatric, head and neck, neurosurgical, gynaecological, urology, colorectal, upper GI, general, vascular and plastics.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Margaret Mason, Director of Clinical Services on email@example.com
Close Date: 28th September 2020 at 11:55pm