We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital, ICU team.
There are multiple permanent part-time and casual positions available for nurses with experience and training in critical care.
About the Role
As an ICU Registered Nurse at Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital, you will perform duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality patient care is delivered in line with the core values and the strategic direction of the Hospital and Ramsay Health Care. You will be joining a fast-paced team that excels under pressure and prides itself on exceeding the highest standard of care.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager and work within a supportive and respectful team Cardio-thoracic/Neurosurgical.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a critical care hospital setting, be passionate about utilising evidence based practice within ICU and thrive in working within a varied and fast paced environment. Your ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate patient care will assist in maintaining excellent time management, a skill essential for this role.
You will also bring;
- Relevant Nursing registration with AHPRA
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in ICU (a postgraduate certificate in ICU would be highly desirable but not essential)
- Cardio-thoracic/Neurosurgical experience is desirable but not essential, as training in the care of these critical patients will be provided.
- Ability to assess, evaluate and react to care delivery needs of the patient.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently as required
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
- Pro-active approach to exciting education opportunities such as in-house training in Cardiac Advanced Life Support, Advanced Life Support and Paediatric Advanced Life Support with a supportive Learning and Development team.
- Opportunities to study further in conjunction with the University of Tasmania.
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital employees have access to a wide range of employee benefits and is located close to the beach!
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital is collocated with the Sunshine Coast University Hospital, on the Kawana Health Campus.
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties.
Facilities include 6 state-of-the-art operating theatres, two cardiac catheter laboratories, a minor procedure room, a day surgery unit, an 8-bed intensive care unit, a coronary care unit and a day infusion unit and renal unit. Medical consulting suites are located onsite together with comprehensive pathology and radiology services. Other onsite facilities include a retail pharmacy and coffee shop.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Louise McCleary
Close Date: 7th October 2020