- Permanent full time and part time opportunities
- Manage rapidly changing situations across our Mental Health / Emergency Department
- Join our well respected and recognised “Ramsay Way” culture
An exciting opportunity has become available for enthusiastic and motivated Enrolled and Registered Nurses to join our Mental Health Observation Area (MHOA) team. The MHOA is a 10-bed assessment and short stay admission area located adjacent to the Emergency Department. We are seeking Nurses who thrive in working within a multidisciplinary team and will be committed to upholding and promoting the Ramsay Way core values.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting and thrive in working within a varied and fast-paced environment. Your excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective interpersonal skills and can-do attitude is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold and promote the Ramsay Way core values
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered or Enrolled Nurse
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality patient care
- Knowledge of current legislation and policies relating to nursing practice in the workplace
- Ability to use initiative, self-motivation, work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated relevant clinical skills and knowledge in an acute care setting (eg, assessment, care planning and delivery, medication administration, wound care, intravenous therapy management)
- Demonstrated relevant acute mental health clinical skills
Candidates who hold a current IV medication competency will be highly regarded.
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include Medical Specialties which include General Medicine, Respiratory, Gerontology, Cardiac Services and Stroke Services Unit. Surgical Specialities including but not limited to General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular, ENT, Paediatrics, Gynaecology. We have acute Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, Restorative Units, Day Therapy and Obstetrics. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Ramsay Health Care employees at Joondalup Health Campus are offered some great benefits including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
Based on experience level, the base salary for full time equivalent;
- Registered Nurses range from $67,996.00 – $89,477.00 + superannuation per annum; and
- Enrolled Nurses range from $60,895.00 - $65,409.00 + superannuation per annum.
Please note the rates above are full time equivalent, do not include any applicable loadings or penalties and will vary depending on the number of hours you are contracted to.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Close Date: Wednesday, 30 September 2020 at 11.55 pm.