- Multiple casual opportunities
- Focus on maintaining a safe and clean environment across our hospital
- Join our well-respected and recognised “Ramsay Way” culture
Joondalup Health Campus is seeking Environmental Service Assistants (Patient Services Assistants) to join our team and perform all cleaning tasks across our hospital, including the decontamination of beds and ward equipment. Your focus will be on maintaining a safe and clean environment in accordance with all Infection Control and Occupational Health and Safety regulations, while working under the direct supervision of Environmental Services Team Leader.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Checking and replacing gas and oxygen cylinders as required
- Perform all cleaning tasks, which includes decontamination of beds and ward equipment, assisting with dishwashing and general cleaning of ward and pantry area, work in-house laundry as required.
- The caregiver, recognising Ramsay Way care commitment to responsible environmental stewardship, will support the organisational Environmental goals in performance of all duties.
- Assisting nursing staff with lifting/positioning patients and bed making.
- Perform patient transport/bed Moves.
- Ability to work in Laundry department as required.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster is essential for this role.
The ideal candidate will have a background working in the cleaning and/or catering industry, with experience in patient lifting positioning, and patient transport. You will be self-motivated, work effectively under the direction of the Team Leader, and demonstrate a good work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity, respect for others, and a commitment to professional practice. Demonstrating a commitment to exceeding customer satisfaction, you will have the ability to perform under pressure and prioritise workload to meet changing needs.
The successful candidate will also meet the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a Hospitality/ Healthcare Cleaning
- Commitment to exceed customer satisfaction
- Sounds time management and organisation skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of HACCP and Health Act Regulations (desirable)
- High level of cleaning skills and knowledge of chemical usage
- Knowledge of material data safety sheets
- Knowledge in the areas of Manual Handling, Occupational Safety and Health practices, Infection Control and Housekeeping Protocols, and usage of cleaning equipment
Based on experience level, on offer is an hourly rate ranging from $26.26 to $27.61 per hour + casual loading and superannuation.
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include Medical Specialties which include General Medicine, Respiratory, Gerontology, Cardiac Services and Stroke Services Unit. Surgical Specialities including but not limited to General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular, ENT, Paediatrics, Gynaecology. We have acute Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, Restorative Units, Day Therapy and Obstetrics. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Ramsay Health Care employees at Joondalup Health Campus are offered some great benefits including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Previous applicants no need to re-apply.
For enquiries, please contact:
Anjan Gupta, Environmental Services Team Leader
Close Date: Tuesday, 26 October 2020 at 11.55 pm.