CLINICAL NURSE EDUCATOR
(Maternity leave position – 0.8FTE - 12months)
Emergency Department, Acute Medical, Surgical.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced registered nurse to take on the Clinical Nurse Educator role within our emergency department and medical/surgical wards.
About the Role
In this role you will be facilitating and effectively managing clinical education and competency programs across our emergency department and medical/surgical wards. You will also be responsible for providing educational support and advice to our post-graduate students. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services related to clinical education. You will be required to work with and support management in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements.
To succeed in this role you will bring experience within a medical preceptor or facilitator role with extensive emergency nursing and acute care experience. You will be a strong problem solver with the ability to manage challenging situations calmly and be able to engage with all of our stakeholders be they medical professionals, patients or other nursing staff. This role is well suited to a passionate mentor driven to see their team members succeed and grow.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- A minimum of 5 years post basic registration experience
- Post graduate qualifications in emergency nursing.
- Clinical proficiency in emergency, acute general medical and surgical nursing skills
- Demonstrated ability to educate staff in formal and informal settings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Computer literacy in Microsoft software applications
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated preceptorship and mentoring skills
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 (or currently completing) or a recognised Skill Set Qualification
- Previously held position as a clinical nurse educator or clinical nurse specialist.
Peninsula Private Hospital is a comprehensive 344 bed acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside town of Frankston in Melbourne's south eastern suburbs. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 226 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 30 Oncology beds which include 15 day infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Our specialists, nurses, and allied health practitioners have a reputation for excellence throughout the area. Built in 1999, the hospital is one of the newest and most advanced facilities of its kind. As a member of the Ramsay Health Care Network we enjoy access to a range of resources and expertise throughout Australia.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children clearance prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Danielle Bilston email@example.com
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.