Registered Nurse (CCU/Cardiology/Vascular)
Job no: 506590
Work type: Full time
Location: Wollongong Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (CCU/Cardiology/Vascular) to join our team at Wollongong Private Hospital.
Permanent Full Time, Permanent part- time and casual opportunities!
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurse to join our team of supportive and friendly staff in our 24 bed CCU/Cardiology/Vascular ward. You will be responsible for all aspects of patient care, developing and maintaining safe clinical practices and excellent clinical outcomes. The desirable applicant will have experience managing a range of patient’s, for example: Pre and post coronary and vascular angiogram/ angioplasty, electrophysiology study, cardiac ablation, endovascular AAA repair.
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- 2 years’ experience in an critical care setting
- 2 years’ experience in CCU or ICU
- Ability to interpret complex ECG’s and escalate care needs of the individual appropriately
- Ability to assess, plan, co-ordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Knowledge of Quality/Continuous Improvement processes
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Excellent time management skills
- Post graduate qualifications in Critical Care or working towards
- ALS qualified
- Cardiothoracic experience
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Wollongong Private Hospital is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct.
The 151 bed private hospital features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, day oncology unit and stand-alone day surgical centre. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Yvette Payne - PayneY@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 4th November 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend