Peninsula Private Hospital
Part-Time (40 hours per fortnight)
Our well-equipped Operating Suite at Peninsula Private Hospital is now seeking an experienced Theatre Technician to appoint to our team to meet the needs of our growing theatre complex.
Our department comprises six operating rooms plus a state of the art Hybrid Theatre along with a 10 bed recovery room. Surgical specialties include: cardiac surgery, thoracic, spinal, general surgery, gynecology, orthopedics, urology, plastics, ENT, vascular and dental. Services are supported by an eleven bed Intensive Care Unit.
In this role you will work as a member of the clinical team by supporting theatre personnel to prepare the theatre environment for the procedures including the positioning of the patient.
Essential Selection Criteria
The successful candidate will be able to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability and have a comprehensive knowledge of all surgical specialties offered in that hospital's operating suite.
- Certificate IV in Health Services Assistance (Operating Theatre) or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years current clinical experience in an acute operating room setting in a theatre technican role.
- Ability to work a range of shifts, including day, evening and weekend.
- A sound understanding of customer service and conflict resolution principles
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or willing to work towards
On offer is an hourly rate of $29-$30 + Superannuation.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is a comprehensive 272 bed acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Frankston in Melbourne's south east. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 14 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which include 10 day infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital now provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
We provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children clearance prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquires (only) please contact:
Nurse Unit Manager - Operating Theatre
03 9788 3679
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.