Registered Nurse (Day Oncology)
Job no: 507053
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Lake Macquarie Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
We are seeking experienced Day Oncology Registered Nurses to join our team at Lake Macquarie Private Hospital. Full-time and part time opportunities are available.
About the Role
The Day Oncology/ Infusion Clinic at Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Registered Nurse to provide our patients with a high standard of dedicated and specialised care
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, you will perform duties with the support and guidance of the specialised Nursing Team to ensure a high level of quality patient care is delivered in line with the core values and the strategic direction of the Hospital and Ramsay Health Care.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting and will possess the suitable skills and competencies to work as part of our Day Oncology team.
- Current Registration with APHRA
- Clinical experience with the ability to provide a high standard of clinical care
- Recent experience in a Day Oncology / Chemotherapy setting
- Competence in administration of Cytotoxic agents and specialised drug therapies
- Excellent intravenous cannulation skills and Central Venous Access Device Care and Management
- The ability to maintain a strong customer focus and team approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and commitment to work as part of a dynamic flexible team
- Graduate Certificate in Oncological or Chemotherapy nursing
- Completion or working towards ADAC learning modules
- Experience using CHARM system
Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health funds and travel insurance
- Salary packaging
- Discounted Medical insurance packages
- Employee assistance program and more
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187 bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated on the Pacific Highway at Gateshead, 15 kms south of the Newcastle CBD. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care Limited, the largest operator of private hospitals in Australia. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
In March 2015 the region’s first Private Emergency Department was opened at Lake Macquarie Private, providing another option for people requiring emergency care. The Hospital is also home to the Hunter Cancer Centre, the Hunter Region's only comprehensive private oncology service providing Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Research, Support Services and Education all located on the one campus.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the Apply button within this advertisement. Applications should include a CV and 2 work-related referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff, and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police Check prior to appointment, and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Alexandra Kotze on KotzeA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 28th October 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend