Job no: 507764
Work type: Casual, Part time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Midwife, Nursing - Registered
2021 has unleased some exciting opportunities in Tropical North Queensland. We have multiple Casual and Permanent Part Time positions available for experienced Registered Midwifes to join our team at Cairns Private Hospital.
About the Role
As the Registered Midwife you will be responsible for providing a high level of quality care to all parents and neonates, in line with the core values and the strategic direction of both the Hospital and Ramsay health Care. To be successful you will a possess broad knowledge of clinical expertise in all facets of the Midwifery and Neonate care along with a strong passion for delivering specialised care.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife AHPRA registration
- Experience working within a birth suite
- Passionate advocate for the private hospital maternity model of care
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- A sound understanding of the scope of practice for the role
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Relevant post graduate qualifications desirable
- Special Care Nursery (SCN) experience is desirable
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Cairns is a thriving tourist town with opportunities for numerous leisure pursuits in close proximity. There is a lively night scene with access to live theatre, concerts and the arts. The lifestyle is casual, built around the outdoors. Both JCU and CQU Universities have a campus in the city and there is access to numerous high quality public and private schools. Beachside or inner city living are both available options. Wherever you choose to live, the drive to work will be short and scenic. For further information visit
About the Hospital
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical far north Queensland is an acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical, orthopaedic, obstetrics and cardiac services. This hospital is also equipped with The da Vinci surgical system, allowing surgeon’s to operate high-tech instrumentation with greater dexterity and precision than other minimally invasive techniques.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Jayne Dennett, Nurse Unit Manager on (07) 4052 5187
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend