Registered Nurse - Mental Health (ECT)
Job no: 507888
Work type: Full time
Location: Northside Group Macarthur Clinic
Categories: Nursing - Registered
An opportunity exists for a motivated and professional Mental Health Registered Nurse with experience in Electro-Convulsive Therapy (ECT) coordination, treatment and recovery at Northside Group Macarthur Clinic.
This is a Permanent Full-Time position on a 7 day rotating roster.
About the Role
The role entails providing Mental Health Nursing care to inpatients and day patients in our 48 bed general mental health hospital. We are seeking a competent ECT Treatment and Recovery nurse with the skills and experience to provide leave cover for the ECT Coordinator when required.
The role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Providing quality mental health nursing care
- ECT Treatment
- ECT Recovery
- Leave cover for ECT Coordinator
- Rostering for staff and doctors
- Stock control
- Liaising with doctors, management, staff and patients
- Ensure safe delivery of ECT according to policy and standards
- Patient advocacy
To be successful in the role you will be a highly organised individual with excellent communication skills and a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service. Demonstrating excellent time management and organisational skills, you will be comfortable and work effectively in a team environment.
You will require:
- Registered Nurse registration with AHPRA
- 2 years’ experience working in mental health nursing and ECT
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Ability to assess, evaluate and react to care delivery needs of patients
- Ability to plan and coordinate patient care
On offer is a Full-Time Equivalent salary ranging from;
- $64,378 - $90,421 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8)
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Northside Group is part of Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest provider of private health care, and has facilities in St Leonards, Cremorne, Wentworthville and Campbelltown. Northside Group Macarthur Clinic is a 48 bed facility located near the centre of Campbelltown providing specialised and holistic treatment for a range of mental health illnesses and conditions.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Natalie King, Director of Clinical Service on KingNatalie@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close date: 3rd December 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend