Job no: 507945
Work type: Part time
Location: Northside Group Macarthur Clinic
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Art Therapist to join our Allied Health Team in this Permanent Part Time opportunity.
Our Northside Group Macarthur Clinic located at Campbelltown is a 48 bed facility that caters to the needs of both Inpatients and Outpatients, and is a leading provider in private mental health care. We provide CBT, DBT and ACT treatment, alongside other psychoeducation programs at the hospital. Our holistic treatment group program includes psychological therapies, art therapy, gym, yoga, nutrition, and social health.
About the Role
You will be required to conduct art therapy group treatment to both inpatients and outpatients 2-4 days per week. As a general mental health service, we provide treatment to patients with a range of diagnoses, including Depression, Anxiety, and personality disorders.
To succeed in this role, you will be a skilled and passionate Art Therapist, who enjoys working with adults to provide a safe space for expression and resolving mental health issues. Core duties associated with the role will include group preparation, facilitation, and documentation. You will also be in charge of ensuring the art therapy supplies are maintained and organised, working with the Allied Health manager to ensure orders for materials are placed.
This position would be ideally suited to someone who:
- is recovery-focused, motivated, flexible, and a reliable team player
- demonstrates a high degree of professionalism
- has excellent clinical and communication skills
- likes to have a positive impact on the wellbeing of patients
- Masters degree in Art Therapy
- Current registration with ANZACATA
- A passion with, and experience in, working with adults experiencing Mental Health issues
- Experience and interest in running group-based therapy.
- Excellent relationship building skills, with a positive can-do attitude
- Be able to work autonomously
- Working in a supportive team of psychologists and health workers
- Opportunities to develop your skills in mental health within an expanding and ever-growing environment
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Deborah Shand on ShandD@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 27th November 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend