Clinical Coding Educator
Job no: 508051
Work type: Full time
Location: Hollywood Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Access employee and industry benefits
- Grow your career across our national network
About the Role
Hollywood Private Hospital is seeking a Clinical Coding Educator to join our Health Information Services team. As a Clinical Coding Educator, you will be responsible for providing clinical coding training to individuals and/or groups, with support from the Clinical Coding Coordinator.
To be a successful candidate you will have:
- Minimum 5 years of full-time equivalent clinical coding experience in a tertiary or secondary hospital;
- Completed a Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) Clinical Coding Course or equivalent
- Strong understanding of casemix and Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG);
- Demonstrated good understanding of anatomy, physiology, diseases, and pathological processes
- Proficient and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement activities
Candidates who have completed their Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or equivalent) and have demonstrated ability to develop and implement Clinical Coding training programs will be desirable.
Why Hollywood Private Hospital?
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 Western Australian's each year. For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Gordon Laing, Health Information Services Manager
Close Date: Friday, 4 December 2020 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend