Social Worker - Mental Health
Job no: 508200
Work type: Part time
Location: New Farm Clinic
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, New Farm Clinic is recognised as being a leading centre for private psychiatric care in Queensland.
New Farm Clinic provides a comprehensive range of acute mental health inpatient and day patient services. The Clinic has two specialist programs: 10 bed Eating Disorders Program, the only private in-patient eating disorder service available in Queensland and a new 10 bed Drug and Alcohol Program.
We invite applications for the position of Mental Health Social Worker, to join our team at New Farm Clinic.
- Providing a high standard of evidence based Social Work psychosocial assessment, management and discharge planning to New Farm Clinic’s inpatients.
- Managing a referral based caseload using effective time management and prioritising skills.
- Developing network links with relevant community organizations.
- Working effectively with psychiatrists and Nursing Unit Managers to facilitate best outcomes for patients.
Mandatory qualifications, professional registration and other requirements
- It is a mandatory requirement that the candidate is eligible for membership to the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). Eligibility is dependent on the candidate having completed a university level Social Work degree accredited by the AASW
- Accreditation as a Mental Health Social Worker with the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience in liaising with a wide range of internal and external clients
- Proven ability to work co-operatively within the multi-disciplinary team to achieve the best patient centred outcomes.
- Experience in group facilitation
- Ability to work autonomously
Culture & Benefits of joining the New Farm team:
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free carparking and pay rates comparable with the public health sector
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will also be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries only:
Stephanie Fenoglio, Allied Health Inpatient Manager: FenoglioS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend