Program Coordinator - Alcohol & Substance Use Program
Job no: 508413
Work type: Part time
Location: Hollywood Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
- Permanent part time (75 hours per fortnight)
- Lead and manage our Alcohol & Substance Use Program
- Grow your career across Ramsay’s well-respected national network
An exciting opportunity exists for a Program Coordinator to lead and manage our Alcohol and Substance Use Program at The Hollywood Clinic, co-located with Hollywood Private Hospital. The program uses relapse prevention strategies, alongside Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Schema Focused Therapy in a small group format to provide participants with the best opportunity of recovering from their alcohol and substance use disorder alongside their co-occurring mental health problems.
Duties and responsibilities will involve, but are not limited to;
- Ability to assess the physical and psychological effects of alcohol and substances, including risk assessment;
- Ability to assess patient’s readiness for change;
- Helping patients; identify thinking patterns that underlie and maintain the problem, learn how to challenge and change unhelpful thinking and acquire skills to maintain and enhance motivation for change;
- Providing leadership for the programs in collaboration with the Therapy Programs Manager;
- Ensuring key performance indicators are met, including timely processing of referrals, program planning, data collection and submissions, and program reviews are completed as required, with the requisite reporting;
- Contributing to the delivery of evidence based clinical care within the programs; and
- Providing clinical leadership and supervision to group therapist in relation to program delivery and management of clinical issues.
As a Program Coordinator, you will be an experienced professional with a passion for providing quality care to patients. Your ability to lead, support and empower team members and work in a multidisciplinary team is essential to this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Relevant registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency or appropriate professional board as a Clinical Psychologist, Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Counsellor or Nurse Therapist
- A minimum of 4 years’ post registration experience
- Experience working with Alcohol and Substance Use including motivational interviewing
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of scope of practice
- Ability to manage designated portfolio and display sound leadership skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in accreditation processes, clinical indicators and other quality project
- Postgraduate qualification relevant to area of speciality
- Experience leading / managing a team
Why Hollywood Private Hospital?
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 Western Australian's each year. For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (3 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and a Working with Children Check. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Ian Goh, Therapy Programs Manager
Close Date: Wednesday, 2 December 2020 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend