Enrolled Nurse - Stroke and General Medical
Job no: 509513
Work type: Part time
Location: Joondalup Health Campus
Categories: Nursing - Enrolled
- Permanent part time opportunity
- Treat and investigate patients for stroke & observe neurological functioning
- Join our well-respected and recognised “Ramsay Way” culture
About the Role
Joondalup Health Campus is seeking an Enrolled Nurse to join our Stroke Service Unit, which is comprised of a 12 inpatient-bed stroke unit and 18 medical beds. Our Unit offers care to patients who are being treated and / or investigated for stroke and offers medical, nursing and allied health inpatient care, rehabilitation services within our Functional Training Unit and Gymnasium.
As an Enrolled Nurse, you will work across our wide range of services to provide support and assistance to our dedicated teams where needed. Your role will involve, but is not limited to;
- Assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating care delivery needs of each patient;
- Observing vital signs and neurological functioning of stroke patients and managing rapidly changing situations;
- Communicate effectively and managing rapidly changing situations that affect patient care and workload; and
- Working closely with the Stroke Medical Team and Allied Health Team.
The flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster is essential for this role.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with experience working in an acute Medical setting. Your passion for providing quality care, ability to work within a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment and your “can-do” attitude is essential for this role.
- Registered with AHPRA as an Enrolled Nurse
- Minimum of 12 months’ experience
- Experience working with stroke patients desirable
- Knowledge of current legislation and policies relating to nursing practice in the workplace
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrates relevant clinical skills and knowledge in area of specialty
Enrolled Nurses must have successfully completed EN medication administration education to be successful in this position.
Base salary for full time equivalent;
- Enrolled Nurses ranges from $60,895 to $65,409 + superannuation and is based on experience level
Please note, the rates above are full time equivalent and will vary depending on the number of hours you are contracted to.
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement. For more information on the hospital, please visit www.joondaluphealthcampus.com.au.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police Clearance and a current Working with Children Check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Gail Hollands, Clinical Nurse Manager
Close Date: Sunday, 17 January 2021 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend