Registered Nurse Scrub /Scout
Job no: 509633
Work type: Casual
Location: Peninsula Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Scrub/Scout Registered Nurses
Multiple Casual Positions Available
Our well-equipped Operating Suite comprises eight operating rooms plus two Cath Labs and a state of the art Hybrid Theatre along with a 14 bed recovery room. Surgical specialties include: cardiac surgery, thoracic, spinal, general surgery, paediatrics, gynaecology, obstetrics, orthopaedics, urology, plastics, ENT, vascular and dental. Services are supported by an 11 bed Intensive Care Unit.
With the hospitals continued expansion and wide variety of services offered, we now have a number of exciting employment opportunities available. We are now seeking perioperative Scrub Scouts who are interested in joining our fantastic and growing team. Our theatre team is supported by our dedicated perioperative educator, and also the wider hospital education team. Full orientation, training and support will be provided.
Essential Selection Criteria
- AHPRA registration as Registered Nurse
- Minimum 2 years’ current clinical experience in an acute operating room setting
- The flexibility to participate in the rotating on-call roster
Desirable but not essential:
- Post graduate qualifications in perioperative nursing (RNs)
- Experience working in a private hospital
Remuneration: $32-$44 per hour + superannuation and casual loading.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police and Working with Children check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Roxanne Wenn, Nurse Unit Manager, on 03 9788 3679.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend