Workplace Health Safety & Injury Management Advisor
Job no: 509716
Work type: Full time
Location: Hollywood Private Hospital
Categories: Human Resources
- Permanent full-time opportunity (76 hours per fortnight)
- Support and contribute to our Workplace Health and Safety team
- Grow your career across Ramsay’s national network
About the Role
The position is a hybrid role comprising elements of both safety and injury management. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking complex safety investigations and risk assessments, along with coordinating the health and safety representatives and overseeing the hazardous substances portfolio. This position also involves providing support and guidance to injured workers, including assisting workers to access the early intervention program, strategic case management and undertaking wage calculations. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong customer service skills and excellent communication and organisational skills.
The successful candidate will meet the following essential criteria:
- Certificate IV or higher in both occupational safety and health and injury management
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience managing complex injuries, including investigation of the incident and ongoing management of the worker
- Experience coordinating committees or groups of people to achieve an operational outcome
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to train others one on one or in a group setting
- Proven experience influencing others, including managers
- Demonstrated experience identifying and controlling risks, developing action plans and monitoring progress against them
- Superior time management and organisational skills, with good attention to detail
- Qualifications in Allied Health or a clinical field
- Experience working within the Comcare self-insurance scheme
- Experience working in a health care environment
- Experience working with SolvInjury
Why Hollywood Private Hospital?
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 Western Australian's each year. For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (3 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and a Working with Children Check. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Anwen Wipou, Health and Safety Manager
Close Date: Monday, 25th January 2021 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend