Job no: 509748
Work type: Casual
Location: Kahlyn Day Centre
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
- Casual opportunity available
- Work for a leading provider of private psychiatric services in South Australia
- Use your skills and experience to facilitate specialised therapy groups
About the Role
Working at Kahlyn Day Centre and The Adelaide Clinic, you will join a respected and thriving team of mental health professionals.
As a Group Therapist, you will be responsible for facilitating specialised therapy groups for in-patients and out-patients experiencing a wide range of mental health issues like Depression, Anxiety, Borderline Personality, Bipolar and Schizoaffective Disorder.
The groups will be based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness, assertiveness training, DBT strategies, anxiety management and support. This role will entail, but is not limited to;
- Providing support to the senior Allied Health staff and senior management team to ensure the achievement of department and Hospital objectives in line with strategic Hospital plans;
- Developing client focused, evidence-based treatment goals and plans in conjunction with the patient and in line with department and Hospital procedures and policies; and
- Facilitating group therapy sessions across a 7-day roster with some weekend hours.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with good clinical reasoning and sound judgement in decision-making. Your ability to consider broader implications of decisions, including longer-term impact, and your demonstrated commitment to quality patient-focussed care is critical to this role.
You will also bring:
- Currently registration with, or working towards registration with AHPRA or PACFA
- Tertiary qualification in Mental Health Nursing / Psychology/ Counselling
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in facilitating psychoeducational groups
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team in a private hospital setting
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in thinking
- Willingness to contribute to the development and promotion of a cohesive and interactive team
Why Kahlyn Day Centre?
Kahlyn Day Centre is part of the Ramsay Health Care Mental Health group of hospitals and is a leading provider of private psychiatric services in South Australia. Kahlyn Day Centre is a day only psychiatric facility located in the Adelaide suburb of Magill. For more information on the centre please visit https://www.kahlyndaycentre.com.au/.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Regular peer supervision with the Kahlyn clinical team
- Regular clinical supervision with a leading Ramsay SA psychiatrist
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police Clearance and a current Working with Children Check. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact;
Jillian Semba, Lead Group Program Coordinator
Close Date: Sunday, 17th January 2020 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend