Job no: 509892
Work type: Casual
Location: Dudley Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Cook to join our team at Dudley Private Hospital (Orange) in this casual opportunity.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Food production / preparation for patients, staff and doctor’s meals as well as hospital functions as required;
- Ensure food is prepared and stored in accordance with the hygiene standards as indicated in the food hygiene regulations;
- Demonstrate awareness and ability to meet the dietary needs of all customers;
- Comply with hygiene standards and Occupational Health and Safety requirements at all times; and
- Ensure high standard of cleanliness and organisation in the catering department at all times.
To succeed in this role, you will have prior experience in a similar role and have a passion for culinary preparation and service. Strong organisational skills and the capacity to handle high volume catering workflows will be key to this role.
You will also bring:
- Prior experience as a Cook in a large scale food preparation environment;
- Effective communication skills
- Food Safety Certificate;
- HACCP training and commitment to excellence in hygiene standards;
- Contribute effectively to a team environment and independently as required;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workloads;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 hospitals, day surgery centres, treatment facilities, rehabilitation and psychiatric units, and a nursing college across Australia, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Maldives.
Ramsay Health Care is Australia’s largest private hospital operator and is well-respected in the health care industry due to its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way - "People Caring for People" and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture. These features help to attract leading health care practitioners to work within our facilities.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and persons in patient contact roles will also be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
All enquiries should be directed to:
Michelle Jones on JonesMichelle@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 22nd January 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend