Job no: 510185
Work type: Part time
Location: New Farm Clinic
Categories: Catering/Food Services
- Permanent Part Time Chef (16 Hours per Fortnight)
- Opportunity for more shifts with busy periods
- Become a key part of the Catering team.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for food preparation for patients, staff, cafeteria and functions. You will also form part of the catering team as a shift supervisor helping staff with their duties to ensure effective operation of the department.
You will ensure a high standard of quality hospital food production and cleanliness is maintained by both yourself and other catering staff in the department in line with the Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy.
Your duties will involve:
- Participating in day to day food preparation, cooking, service; as well as providing catering for meetings and special events
- Plating of meals
- Ensuring the delivery, storage, preparation, cooking, service and presentation of food and drink to residents’ diets are completed within the required time frames and standards.
To be successful in this role, you will require strong attention to detail and great time management skills. The ability to multi-task and communicate well with your team members is required as this will be a fast-paced environment.
You will also bring
- Ability to demonstrate relevant qualifications in catering
- Completed Commercial Cookery Trade Certificate
- Sound understanding of Food Safety guidelines and special dietary needs and allergens.
- An ability to follow recipes and processes to ensure patient safety
- Commitment to excellence in preparation and supply of food services
- Commitment to excellence in hygiene standards
- Availability to work a variety of shifts including weekends
- Experience using Chef Max software
- Experience in a leadership role
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click apply within this advert to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Paul Walter, Catering Manager, at WalterP@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend