Medical Records Clerk
Job no: 510259
Work type: Full time
Location: St George Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services, HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
Medical Records Clerk
Permanent Full-time position
Joining our busy Medical Records team at St George Private Hospital as a Medical Records Clerk, you will assist in all activities related to maintaining the Health Information Service in an organised and efficient manner.
Duties and responsibilities will involve, but are not limited to;
- Answering and actioning queries from internal and external customers;
- Compiling medical records of discharged patients as required;
- Filing medical records and correspondence accurately
- Seeking, locating and obtaining medical records as requested (i.e. for patients coming in, current inpatients, record requests for quality purposes and clinical needs); and
- Archiving and ‘culling’ of medical records.
To succeed in this role, you will have a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service. Your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will assist in effectively working in a team environment and maintaining positive relationships with staff, patients and families.
Successful candidates will also meet the following:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to cope with demanding situations and strict deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to respect privacy and confidentiality
- Demonstrate initiative when required
- Intermediate computer knowledge / literacy
- Previous experience in a medical records department (or other clerical position within a health care setting)
- Previous experience in a private hospital setting
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity,
Please contact Allison Reus, Health Information Manager
Close Date: 20TH January 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend