Nurse Unit Manager
Job no: 510260
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Nurse Unit Manager to join our team at John Flynn Private Hospital
- Permanent Full-Time or Permanent Part-Time opportunity offering between 64 - 76 hours per fortnight, to suit candidate availability
- Leadership Opportunity!
The Nurse Unit Manager role requires a highly experienced Registered Nurse with strong managerial and leadership qualities to lead a dedicated and professional team. This 24-bed acute surgical ward encompasses General Surgery, Women’s Health, Plastics, and Endocrine surgery. This role requires a high calibre candidate with considerable surgical nursing experience and demonstrated commitment to higher learning. The successful incumbent will posses managerial knowledge and experience.
This highly rewarding role reports to the Assistant Director of Clinical Services, and requires dedication to working with and supporting nursing staff to achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements.
Key Selection Criteria
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated extensive clinical skill set
- Previous experience as a Clinical Nurse, committed to delivering high standards of clinical care to patients, utilising specialist knowledge
- Post graduate Clinical Nursing qualification (or currently working towards) is desirable
- Previous managerial experience would be desirable
- Be professional and highly motivated with a passion for enhancing staff engagement
- Ability to maintain effective communication networks with doctors, patients, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders
- Competent in supervising, leading, directing and motivating staff to achieve excellent outcomes
- Able to effectively manage rostering processes and allocation of duties for all clinical staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial and human resources
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
The role is to commence mid-March 2021.
On offer is a Full-Time Equivalent (pro rata) salary ranging from;
$118,000 - $125,000 + Superannuation per annum based on experience levels and qualifications
About John Flynn Private Hospital
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, John Flynn Private Hospital is located in Tugun, on the Southern end of the Gold Coast. John Flynn Private (JFP) enjoys an established and excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement. A 354-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of health care services including a 24-hour Emergency Department, Comprehensive Cardiac Services, General & Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology, Medical Services, Maternity, Renal Dialysis, Day Surgery and Rehabilitation Services. JFP employs over 1,500 staff.
We offer fabulous employee benefits including
- Staff Recognition
- Ramsay Health Care Employee Benefit Club
- Salary Sacrificing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Free on-site parking & gym
- And much more!
This is an ideal opportunity to join a highly respected, large private hospital and a professional and engaging team, all within minutes of beautiful Gold Coast beaches and the Gold Coast airport.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Please direct all phone enquiries to Joanne Brocket, Assistant Director of Clinical Services (07) 5598 9094.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend