- Casual opportunity
- Provide focused care to Rehabilitation and Day Program patients
About the Role
Working at The Southport Private Hospital, you will join our Ramsay Health Plus (RHP) team that provides expert allied health services including dietetics, hydrotherapy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, social worker and speech pathology. For more information, visit www.ramsayhealthplus.com.au.
As an Occupational Therapist you will be responsible for providing effective and efficient professional services to patients and customers of the Hospital. In this position, you will be working within our Day Rehabilitation program, developing and running an oncology reconditioning program. Our Rehabilitation team at The Southport Private Hospital focuses on providing excellent care to assist our patients in recovering from illness or surgery, with the aim to help each patient optimise their health and independence.
Your role as an Occupational Therapist will involve, but is not limited to;
- Effectively managing and balancing caseload and administrative responsibilities, prioritising and delegating as appropriate to Allied Health Assistants;
- Showing good clinical reasoning and sound judgement in decision making, considering broader implications of decisions and longer-term impact; and
- Developing client focused, occupationally based treatment goals and plans in conjunction with the patient and ensuring this is delivered within the team’s goals and constraints.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate Occupational Therapist to apply.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria;
- AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated experience in delivering assessment and evidence-based interventions
- Demonstrated skill in working as a member of a team and liaising, collaborating and negotiating with other service providers and agencies, patient’s families and carers
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Commitment to professional development and maintenance of current evidence-based practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed organisational skills
Why the Southport Private Hospital?
The Southport Private hospital is designed to meet the needs of the people with disabilities resulting from illness or injury. The team of medical professionals at Southport Private Hospital supports an interdisciplinary approach to rehabilitation, involving the patient, their family, team members and community support agencies.
The Southport Private Hospital provides comprehensive mental health and rehabilitation services to the Gold Coast and wider community. Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest provider of private mental health services, The Southport Private Hospital is located at the heart of the Gold Coast only minutes from the beach.
On offer for an Occupational Therapist is an hourly rate that ranges from $36 to $47 per hour + casual loading and superannuation.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Helen Slaughter, Allied Health Services Manager