Job no: 510415
Work type: Full time
Location: Hollywood Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
- Permanent full time (76 hours per fortnight)
- Join our friendly and supportive Billing Hub
- Work for one of Australia’s largest private health care providers
We are seeking an enthusiastic and professional Billing Clerk to join our Western Australia Billing Hub team, located at Osbourne Park, in close proximity to Hollywood Private Hospital.
As a Billing Clerk, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective coordination of the Accounts Receivable and Billing functions for WA Ramsay Hospitals. This will include undertaking receipting, following up with Health Fund queries, and communicating with Doctors and patients regarding billing.
This role will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Billing hospital accounts
- Communicating with health funds and insurers
- Managing customer account queries
- Managing refunds and debt collection for allocated accounts
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Prior experience in medical practice or hospital billing, health fund or Medicare claims
- Confidence and experience with medical billing systems such as Genie and Meditech
- Strong general knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Initiative, accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Willingness to accept and promote Ramsay’s core values
- Knowledge of Meditech patients management system or other medical billing software; and
- Experience using Meditech or other patient administration software.
Why Hollywood Private Hospital?
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 Western Australian's each year. For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (3 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and a Working with Children Check. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Therese Moller, WA Billing Hub Manager
Close Date: Wednesday, 27th January 2021 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend