Food Services Assistant
Job no: 510684
Work type: Casual
Location: Frances Perry House
Categories: Catering/Food Services
Food Services Assistant
We are seeking positive, hard-working Catering team members to join our Food Services team at Frances Perry House in a casual capacity.
About the Role
As a Food Services Assistant, you will be responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays and beverages, and basic food preparation. This also includes preparation of special dietary needs for patients as directed by relevant Manager.
You will also be responsible for maintaining cleanliness within the department in line with required food safety, infection control and hospital standards, while offering high standards of quality and service to customer and patients.
In this role you will report to Catering Manager and work closely with a positive and respected team.
To succeed in this role, you will have a high attention to detail and work effectively in a team or independently as required, within a fast paced environment. Your ability to prioritise tasks effectively will assist you with your excellent time management skills.
You will also bring;
- Previous experience in a prep kitchen or hospital environment is highly desirable.
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Compliance with HACCP, Food Safety and Workplace, Health and Safety
- Certificate III in Health Support Services and Food Handling Certificate are highly desirable for this role.
- Knowledge of food allergies and special diets is essential
- Ability to work afternoon shifts
- Previous Applicants need not apply
On offer is a base hourly rate of $22-$24 plus superannuation and casual loading, based on experience.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this position, please reach out to Ranjit Paul at PaulR@ramsayhealth.com.au.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend