Job no: 511459
Work type: Casual
Location: Frances Perry House
Categories: Administration/Support Services
Frances Perry House Maternity Hospital is seeking experienced Casual Clerks to join our Front Office team.
About the Role
As a Front Office Clerk, you are responsible for providing administrative support and assistance to patients and their families upon their arrival at the hospital. You will also assist the reception, administration and clinical teams by coordinating the necessary clerical requirements for patients’ admission to discharge.
Key responsibilities of this job include:
- Admission scheduling processes to ensure appropriate bed management and utilisation
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls to the front desk.
- Provide timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments.
- Work alongside medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients.
- Compilation and management of patient admission papers and clinical notes.
The role is primarily Monday-to-Friday although you will need the flexibility to work across a 7-day rotating roster.
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service and enjoys being part of a busy environment. The ability to converse and be empathetic while managing a busy flow of admissions and discharges is a key skill needed for this role. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, administrators and non-clinical staff.
You will also bring:
- Computer literacy including the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience either in a medical setting or a patient-facing role will be a good fit.
- Experience with Patient Management Systems, ideally Meditech, is highly desired.
On offer is an hourly rate of $24.00-$26.00 + Casual Loading and Superannuation.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Frances Perry House is a fully accredited obstetric and surgical hospital situated close to the Melbourne CBD. The Hospital has 93 beds including a cot Level 2 special care nursery. We have 6 birthing suites, a dedicated postnatal unit, 3 operating theatres, a day surgery unit, a urodynamics procedure room and a surgical/maternity unit. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email Kelly Yow on YowK@ramsayhealth.com.au.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend