Job no: 511815
Work type: Part time
Location: Peninsula Private Hospital
Categories: Midwife, Nursing - Registered
We are seeking experienced Registered Midwives to join our Maternity Ward at Peninsula Private Hospital in Langwarrin.
This is a Permanent Part Time role offering 60 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
In this role you will be joining a team dedicated to delivering a higher standard of support and care for mothers to be and their newborns. Our multidisciplinary team of experienced obstetricians, midwives, nursing staff, lactation consultants and allied health professionals work together to ensure a comfortable and confident experience – before, during and after pregnancy.
As a member of our clinical team you will perform duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality service is provided to our patients within the Ward.
In this role you will report to the Nursing Unit Manager – Midwifery.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a trained Midwife. You will hold a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The flexibility to work a rotating shifts along with weekend and evening shifts will be key for this role.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Midwife.
- 2 years’ experience or more as a Midwife in an acute care setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high-performing team.
- Dual RM/RN registration highly regarded
On offer is an hourly rate ranging from $32 -$45 per hour + Superannuation based on qualifications and experience
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Langwarrin in Melbourne's south east.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Clearance prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Janette Rule at RuleJ@ramsayhealth.com.au.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend