Perioperative Nurse Surgical Assistant
Expand your perioperative skillset in this rare opportunity to work closely with our skilled Cosmetic Surgeon assisting them directly on a wide variety of procedures.
About the Role
In this role you will have the opportunity to undertake higher level education and skills training as you scrub into surgeries working directly with and under the supervision of your Mentor Surgeon for sessional work.
The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively and consult with our perioperative team to ensure the best practice and patient outcomes are achieved while also reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Scrub/Scout nurse to who wants to undertake practical and well-supported experience as they study to become a Surgical Assistant.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a Registered Perioperative Nurse with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment. You will bring a capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor to junior staff.
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- 3 years minimum perioperative experience if a post graduate certificate in perioperative nursing has been completed or five (5) years’ experience if a postgraduate certificate in perioperative nursing has not been completed, but you are enrolled in Perioperative Nurse Surgical Assistant studies by an approved University.
About the Organisation
Linacre Private Hospital is a 60 bed hospital which provides a comprehensive range of surgical and medical services to the Bayside community and beyond. We have three operating theatres, procedure room, day surgery unit and a high dependency unit.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
• Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance.
• Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
• Employee assistance program.
• Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Anna Hinz at HinzA@ramsayhealth.com.au
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.