- Hospital Executive role with Australia’s largest private hospital operator
- Excellent leadership opportunity within the growing Ramsay Newcastle Hospital Network
- Lake Macquarie location, 20 minutes from Newcastle
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative leader with experience at a senior management level who can meet the challenges and capably manage facility operational requirements, provide nursing and midwifery leadership, direct the patient safety and clinical quality agenda, manage key stakeholder relationships, and assist in the development and implementation of the strategic direction of Warners Bay Private Hospital.
This is a challenging yet rewarding opportunity to join a dedicated team of health professionals at Ramsay Health Care and be part of a world-class global network that embraces excellence in health care, innovation, and empowerment of its people. This role is suited to an inspirational and effective health care leader who is ready to take the next step in their career.
The Director of Clinical Services (DCS) oversees all operational aspects of care delivery including clinical service delivery, bed management, patient flow strategies, patient safety and clinical quality agenda and patient experience.
The role is responsible for the provision of professional leadership and direction on a broad range of clinical, nursing and midwifery issues to enable decisions to be made to create and maintain an appropriately resourced, qualified, competent and supported nursing and midwifery workforce that is aligned with Warners Bay’s strategic direction. You will be responsible for leading a team of professional clinical managers and effective engagement with our VMOs and medical team to deliver high quality clinical care, employee engagement and staffing practices.
As the DCS, you will also be accountable for leading high standards of clinical care, the efficient and effective management of clinical education and support and foster a culture within the hospital that embraces safety, quality and strives to continually improve patient experience and business outcomes.
Critical to your success is your energy and passion for our people. You will be someone who role models the principles of The Ramsay Way - ‘People Caring for People’ and will also be adept at fostering positive working relations with key stakeholders across our facilities.
As the nursing and midwifery leader, you will play a key role in the engagement and advancement of the clinical management team, including mentorship and professional development of nurse and midwifery unit managers, nurse and midwifery educators and clinical nurse specialists. You will regularly collaborate on regional projects with other DCSs and senior executives across the group, providing for an excellent structure of peer support, team work and professional liaison.
You will also meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 5 years’ recent hospital experience, in a senior management position;
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA practicing certificate;
- Post-graduate nursing qualifications and tertiary management or business qualifications;
- Demonstrated ability to ensure effective and harmonious functioning of all clinical departments whilst cost effectively managing resources;
- Ability to adopt a strategic overview whilst managing complex, challenging and demanding daily operational issues;
- Awareness of the relevant legislative requirements and governing body reporting responsibilities;
- Demonstrated aptitude for methodical workforce planning;
- Proven high level communication, interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills;
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing organisational change and quality improvement processes; and
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
An attractive remuneration, relocation and benefits package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Warners Bay Private is a 132 bed facility, specialling in orthopaedic and general surgery, rehabilitation services and mental health, with 78 beds being the second largest private mental health facility in NSW. The hospital partners with approximately 150 visiting medical officers to provide the highest of quality care to the close to 16,000 patients who frequent the hospital per annum.
As part of the Ramsay Newcastle Network, Warners Bay Private Hospital partners with Lake Macquarie Private hospital, with the two major facilities working closely to create synergies and establish a solid platform to position ourselves as the “hospitals of choice” for doctors, patients and staff in the Hunter region.
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 hospitals and day surgery facilities across 11 countries across Australia, the UK, Asia and Europe. Ramsay is Australia’s largest private hospital operator and is well-respected in the Australian health care industry due to its excellent record in hospital management, patient care and running high-quality facilities, and how it operates its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
To learn more about our Values have a look at http://www.ramsayhealth.com/About%20Us/Values
To discuss this opportunity, please contact:
Deputy CEO – Warners Bay Private
Ph: 02 4958 4288
Please click the Apply button within this advertisement. Your application should include your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter addressing your experience and skills in line with the selection criteria above.
Applications close: Tuesday 2 March 2021