We are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager (Surgical) to join our team at Baringa Private Hospital in this Permanent Full Time opportunity.
- Key leadership role
- Join Australia’s Leading Private Healthcare Provider
- Grow your career across our National Network
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced clinical manager to lead our Surgical Unit.
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will hold a key leadership and management role, and be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all resources within the department. This role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department.
You will also be responsible for working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery, in line with best practice and legislative requirements. Working closely with the Executive team, you will help shape organisational strategies, improve service provisions and achieve departmental and hospital strategic objectives.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in managing the demands of a team and busy unit, as well as have an innovative and resourceful approach to problem solving
You will also bring:
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 5 years post graduate clinical practice in an acute surgical environment
- Previous management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage challenging situations
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage resources and KPI’s
- Focus on staff development and enthusiasm to foster and promote junior staff
- Critical care experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program(s)
- Industry discounts across private health insurance , retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Baringa Private Hospital is a 78 bed licensed hospital, providing advanced surgery, interventional coronary angiography including the implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators, ICU, endovascular & general surgery, general medical, rehabilitation, palliative care and mental health. Our theatre complex offers state of the art operating facilities, including a newly commissioned ophthalmic theatre. Baringa has a day medical unit which caters for patients requiring chemotherapy and day intravenous therapy.
Ramsay Health Care has grown to become a global hospital group, delivering a range of acute and primary healthcare services from 480 facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world. The company employs over 77,000 staff and treats 8.5 million patients throughout its hospitals and primary care clinics.
We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way [link removed] – “People Caring for People” and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like discuss this opportunity, please contact Jo Brown, Director of Clinical Services on BrownJo@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Close Date: 8th March 2021 at 11:55pm