- Permanent full-time
- Pivotal leadership and Executive role
- Diverse clinical and commercial leadership opportunity across multiple sites
Challenging yet rewarding opportunity to join a dedicated team of health professionals at Ramsay Health Care and be part of a world-class global network that embraces excellence in health care, innovation, and empowerment of its people.
Reporting to the regional CEO and with the support of other executive team members, you will be accountable for leading, managing and empowering a professional team of clinical managers and providing strategic direction, governance and quality management, across two of our hospitals in the Albury Wodonga region (Albury Wodonga Private Hospital and Murray Valley Private Hospital)
The day-to-day responsibilities of your role will include, but are not limited to;
- Overseeing all practical aspects of care delivery such as bed management, patient flow strategies operating theatre utilisation, patient demand forecasting and workforce management;
- Ensuring the methodical workforce planning and a commitment to the professional development of the clinical workforce;
- Supporting growth, business development and responding to the business needs identified by the Executive team and Ramsay Health Care;
- Acting as a key contact for our visiting medical officer (VMO) community with whom you will engage to ensure that we deliver the highest quality clinical care;
- Planning and maintaining hospital and departmental budgets ensuring budgetary requirements are met in consultation with other executive team members;
- Measuring workplace culture and implementing actions that support the findings to ensure a positive workplace culture is maintained; and
- Managing Human Resources to ensure future workforce requirements are known and strategies are identified and implemented.
As someone who role models the principles of The Ramsay Way - ‘People Caring for People’, you will also be adept at fostering positive working relations with key stakeholders across our facilities; be committed to developing people and building teams to achieve high performance and be capable of motivating people and leading them successfully through organisational change.
Further to this, you will;
- Be a solid clinical operator with an understanding of the private hospital legislative landscape;
- Have sound resource management skills to ensure efficient and effective functioning of all clinical departments;
- Understand the performance levers that drive quality business outcomes and have experience in applying quality improvement processes;
- Be passionate and understand the importance of success and development of our people;
- Be an expert communicator with high level negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Hold Senior management experience in the private health sector, leading organisational change and quality improvement processes; and
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of clinical governance and patient safety.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia; and
- Post-graduate clinical qualifications.
- Experience working in a public-private-partnership framework;
- Masters in Business, Health or Nursing; and/or
- Relevant qualifications in leadership
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Albury Wodonga Region
This role works across two hospitals in the Albury Wodonga region, Albury Wodonga Private Hospital and Murray Valley Private Hospital which are private hospital facilities owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator.
Albury Wodonga Private Hospital provides an extensive range of acute surgical and medical inpatient services which include orthopaedics, general surgery, urology, ear nose & throat, gynaecology, plastic surgery, cardiology, general medical and psychiatry.
Murray Valley Private Hospital is a specialist rehabilitation hospital providing inpatient and outpatient services, and also including a sleep study unit.
Also within the group is The Border Cancer Hospital which is located within the purpose-built Albury Wodonga Regional Cancer Centre and provides best practice cancer care through a public / private partnership with Albury Wodonga Health. The Border Cancer Hospital has its own Director of Clinical Services with whom you will work closely as part of the regional executive team.
We pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we have built with leading health care practitioners throughout the organisation. Our hospitals are led by competent and experienced managers renowned for having an “open door” policy for doctors and staff. Ramsay Health Care staff work in an environment that is receptive and flexible where they have the opportunity to shape the standards and quality of care.
Ramsay Health Care also;
- Strives to provide staff at all levels with career expansion, training and development opportunities;
- Are known for our commitment to staff through the fostering and development of a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” which recognises that our people are the key to our success; and
- Provides our National Employee Benefits and Wellness program - benefits offering in areas related to lifestyle and health improvement, discounted health insurance, retail and service discounts, financial education and banking services.
To apply, please click the Apply button within this advertisement. Your application should include your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter addressing your experience and skills in line with the selection criteria above.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
For any queries, please contact:
Helen Le Sirge, Human Resources Manager – Victoria
Ph: 0406 358 048
Applications Close: Monday 1 March 2021