We are looking for a Chef to join our busy and growing team across Pindara Private Hospital and Southport Private Hospital in a casual capacity.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for food preparation for patients, staff, cafeteria and functions. You will ensure a high standard of quality hospital food production and cleanliness is maintained to be in line with the Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy.
Your duties will involve:
- participating in day to day food preparation, cooking, service and delivery of meals; as well as providing catering for meetings and special events
- plating of meals
- ensuring the purchase, delivery, storage, preparation, cooking, service and presentation of food and drink to residents are completed within the required timeframes and standards
This role is primarily based at Pindara Private Hospital although will be required to handle shifts at our nearby sister site Southport Private Hospital.
To be successful in this role, you will require strong attention to detail and great time management skills. The ability to multi task and communicate well with your team members is required as this will be a fast-paced environment. Additionally, the flexibility to work across a rotating 7-day roster will be key for this role.
You will also bring
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
- Experience within large scale preparation or high volume commercial kitchens is ideal for this role, with any experience in the health sector being highly regarded.
- Sound understanding of Food Safety guidelines and special dietary needs and allergens.
- An ability to follow recipes and processes to ensure patient safety.
- Commitment to excellence in preparation and supply of food services .
- Commitment to excellence in hygiene standards.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Pindara Private Hospital is centrally located in Benowa on the Gold Coast.
Pindara Private Hospital is a modern 348 licensed acute care Hospital with extensive on site facilities including a 24 hour Emergency Department, 22 Operating Theatres including our Day Surgery and Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity and Paediatric units, Rehabilitation and Renal Dialysis, a state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory / Hybrid Theatre, in-house Pharmacy, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site consulting suites. The campus also includes a 5 level medical specialists suite building.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Adian Rice on RiceA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close date: 3rd February 2021 at 11:55pm