Job no: 512277
Work type: Part time
Location: Waverley Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Part-Time – 45 hours per fortnight
We are seeking experienced and highly motivated Perioperative clinicians to take on a Clinical Educator role at Waverley Private Hospital.
About the Role
In this role you will be facilitating and effectively managing clinical education and competency programs across our perioperative unit. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services related to clinical education. You will be required to work with and support management in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements.
Shift work is a requirement of the position as this is a ‘hands-on’ role with the expectation that you will provide direct clinical support across the shifts.
To succeed in this role you will bring experience within a medical preceptor or facilitator role with extensive acute perioperative experience. You will be a strong problem solver with the ability to manage challenging situations calmly and be able to engage with all of our stakeholders be they medical professionals, patients or other nursing staff. This role is well suited to a passionate mentor driven to see their team members succeed and grow.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Perioperative setting.
- Proven specialty experience in either Anaesthetics/Recovery, as a Scrub Scout or both is essential.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment will be highly regarded, though not essential.
- Post-graduate qualifications in relevant area are highly desired.
On offer is an hourly rate of $50 + Superannuation.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Waverley Private Hospital is a 98 bed acute/surgical facility located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Lauren Williams at WilliamsL1@ramsayhealth.com.au.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend