We are seeking experienced Chef to join our Catering Team at Beleura Private Hospital in a Part Time capacity - 20-30 hrs per week.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for food preparation for patients, staff, and functions, ensuring a high standard in quality of Hospital food production and cleanliness within the department in line with required Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy. As well as supervision and coordination of staff for each of your meal services.
This is a fast-paced role that requires strong time management and People skills. As well as being a collaborative and flexible member of the team to effectively meet the needs of the hospital’s food services.
This role reports to the Head Chef and Catering Manager and works with a large varied team of chefs, kitchen hands and food service assistants.
To succeed in this role you will be a qualified chef with a passion for culinary preparation and service. Ideally, you will bring experience within a clinical setting or in preparing food for medical patients. Strong organisational skills and the capacity to handle high volume catering workflows will be key to this role.
The flexibility to handle shifts across a rotating roster including evenings and weekends will be required.
You will also bring;
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or higher.
- Experience within a Hospital or large catering setting will be highly regarded.
- Proven ability to prioritise work tasks and manage time effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Capability to cater to a wide variety of sensitive dietary requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills
On offer is an hourly rate of between $25.00 - $30.00 depending on experience + Super.
Weekend and Public holiday penalty rates apply also.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Beleura Private Hospital is a 157 bed fully accredited private hospital located on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, about one hour south-east of Melbourne in the seaside town of Mornington. Beleura Private Hospital offers a comprehensive range of specialties including medical & surgical care, high dependency unit, oncology & palliative care units, chemotherapy day ward, psychiatric unit, alcohol rehabilitation unit, cardiology, pathology and radiology.
Culture and Benefits of joining the Beleura Team
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health and leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware and software and travel/ holiday discounts.
- Staff wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free car parking, uniform and subsidised meals.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
Please contact Steve Drummond, Catering Manager on DrummondS@ramsayhealth.com.au with any enquiries.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.