Food Services Assistants
We are seeking positive, hard-working Casual Food Services Assistants to join our Food Services team at Beleura Private Hospital.
About the Role
As a Food Services Assistant, you will be assisting the chef with food preparation and be responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays and beverages, and basic food preparation. This also includes preparation of special dietary needs for patients as directed by the relevant Manager.
You will also be responsible for maintaining cleanliness within the department in line with required food safety, infection control and hospital standards, while offering high standards of quality and service to customer and patients.
In this role you will report to Catering Manager and work closely with a positive and respected team.
To succeed in this role, you will have a high attention to detail and work effectively in a team or independently as required, within a fast paced environment. Your ability to prioritise tasks effectively will assist you with your excellent time management skills.
You will also bring;
- Previous experience in a prep kitchen or hospital environment is highly desirable.
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Compliance with HACCP, Food Safety and Workplace, Health and Safety
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable)
On offer is a base hourly rate of $22-$24 plus superannuation and casual loading, based on experience.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Beleura Private Hospital is a 157 bed fully accredited private hospital located on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, about one hour south-east of Melbourne in the seaside town of Mornington. Beleura Private Hospital offers a comprehensive range of specialties including medical & surgical care, high dependency unit, oncology & palliative care units, chemotherapy day ward, psychiatric unit, alcohol rehabilitation unit, cardiology, pathology and radiology.
Culture and Benefits of joining the Beleura Team
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health and leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware and software and travel/ holiday discounts.
- Staff wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free car parking, uniform and subsidised meals.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
Please contact Steve Drummond, Catering Manager on DrummondS@ramsayhealth.com.au with any enquiries.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.