- Permanent part-time opportunity (55 hours per fortnight)
- Prepare breakfasts, lunches and dinners for our 164-bed Hospital
- Trade the city for the beach with Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital!
The Sunshine Coast allows for the ultimate work/life balance with options for city or beachside living. Bring your skills to Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital and join a large company with exciting employee benefits!
About the Role
An exciting opportunity is available for a positive and experienced Cook to join our fast-paced catering team at the Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital!
As a Cook, you will prepare breakfasts, lunches and dinners for our 164-bed Hospital, this includes catering for our patients, staff, cafeteria and functions. You will also support the delivery of food to patients and the collecting and washing up of plates and kitchenware. Reporting to the Catering Manager, you will ensure a high standard of Hospital food is provided in line with our standardised recipes, Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policies.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster, including morning, afternoon and evening shifts, is critical for this role.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Cook in cold larder preparation
- Food Safety Certificate and commitment to excellence in hygiene standards
- Trade Certificate in catering/cooking or HACCP Training Certificate
- Ability to prioritise tasks and effectively manage a high volumes of catering workflows
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates with additional food preparation qualifications and experience in a hospital setting will be highly regarded.
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from;
$26.78 - $32.72 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Level 2 - Level 4).
Why Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital?
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties. The Hospital offers a great opportunity for a career and lifestyle change in a significant area of growth.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with us include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Benjamin Limpus, Catering Manager
Close date: Monday 8th March 2021 at 11.55 pm.