Director of Clinical Services - John Flynn Private Hospital
Job no: 512463
Work type: Full time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
- Key Executive role
- Excellent leadership opportunity
- Permanent full-time position
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and innovative clinical leader to join the Executive Team at John Flynn Private Hospital on the Gold Coast.
John Flynn Private Hospital which is a 354 bed, acute care facility, has a 24-hour emergency department and provides an extensive range of health care services to both residents and visitors to the area.
John Flynn is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care which is Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator with over 73 facilities in Australia and a presence in eleven countries worldwide. For full details see: www.ramsayhealth.com
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Clinical Services (DCS) will oversee all operational aspects of care delivery such as bed management, patient flow strategies, compliant clinical service delivery, and doctor engagement. The successful applicant will be responsible for leading a team of professional clinical managers and for ensuring effective engagement with our VMOs and medical team to deliver the highest possible standard of patient care.
The successful applicant will also be accountable for the efficient and effective management of clinical education and will support and foster a culture within the hospital that embraces quality and strives to continually improve patient and business outcomes. A strong focus on internal staff development is required.
Requirements for the position:
- Registered Nurse with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior management position (private hospital experience in Australia is preferable);
- Current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia;
- Formal management qualifications or working towards the same;
- Proven high level communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Ability to adopt a strategic overview whilst managing complex, challenging and demanding daily operational issues;
- Ability to successfully manage organisational change, financial reporting, and processes for patient safety, clinical risk management and clinical quality improvement;
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive working relations with a wide range of diverse stakeholders including VMOs;
- Awareness of the relevant legislative requirements and governing body reporting responsibilities; and
- Demonstrated skills in workforce planning, rostering and working within budgeted work hours.
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for and you meet the requirements for the position, we would love to hear from you.
Enquiries can be directed to:
CEO, John Flynn Private Hospital
Please click the Apply button within this advertisement. Your application should include you cover letter outlining your experience and skills in line with the above criteria and your current CV.
Applications close: Friday 5 March 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend