Job no: 513731
Work type: Part time
Location: Wollongong Private Hospital
We are currently seeking Registered Midwives to join our maternity unit team at Wollongong Private Hospital. Permanent Part-time position available
About the Role
An exciting opportunity is available for a warm and professional Registered Midwife to join our thriving Maternity Unit at Wollongong Private Hospital.
As the Registered Midwife you will be working in a multidisciplinary team performing duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to provide patients with family-centred nursing care.
Our dedicated team of clinician’s focus is to provide mother, family and baby with high quality care and service in a first-class facility
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset working in a hospital setting, with experience working in maternity services. Your effective communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships to liaise and consult with family members, broad range of health professionals and community agencies in a constructive and collaborative fashion is essential for this role.
You will also demonstrate:
- Current AHPRA registration (dual registration as Midwife & Nurse highly desirable)
- Minimum two (2) years post graduate experience working within area of specialty
- Demonstrates strong knowledge in all areas of maternity services
- Postgraduate maternity qualifications will be highly regarded, though not essential.
- Demonstrates excellent time management, clinical problem solving and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Advanced Diploma in area of specialty
- IBCLE (International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant) or expertise in management and advice in breastfeeding to parents
- Group facilitation skills
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program(s)
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
$33.23 - $46.67 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8)
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Rachel Townsend on
Close Date: 12th of April 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend