Clinical Educator - Theatre
Job no: 513876
Work type: Part time
Location: Shepparton Private Hospital
Part-Time – 60 hours per fortnight
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Anaesthetic and/or Perioperative Educator to join our team at Shepparton Private Hospital.
About the Role
In this role you will be supporting the departments mandatory and relevant educational needs to Theatre, supporting graduate and undergraduate nursing staff and assisting management to grow the staffing profile skill set. To support your own ongoing skill set within the 60 hours the successful applicant will be required to complete 20 hours per fortnight as a clinical nurse and 40 hours as Theatre's clinical educator.
Shift work is a requirement of the position as this is a ‘hands-on’ role with the expectation that you will provide direct clinical support across the shifts.
To succeed in this role you will bring experience within a medical preceptor or facilitator role with extensive acute perioperative experience. You will be a strong problem solver with the ability to manage challenging situations calmly and be able to engage with all of our stakeholders be they medical professionals, patients or other nursing staff. This role is well suited to a passionate mentor driven to see their team members succeed and grow.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Perioperative setting (ie Anaesthetic, Scrub Scout)
- Proven specialty experience in either Anaesthetics/Recovery, as a Scrub Scout or both is essential.
- Must have Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or working towards
- Post-graduate qualifications in relevant area are highly desired.
On offer is an hourly rate of $50.02 + Superannuation.
Shepparton Private Hospital, owned and operated by Australia’s largest private health care provider, Ramsay Health Care, provides an extensive range of inpatient and day patient services all located on site for the convenience of our patients. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Kirsten Pollock at PollockK@ramsayhealth.com.au
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend