Associate Nurse Unit Manager
Job no: 514252
Work type: Part time
Location: Peninsula Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered, Midwife
Associate Midwife Unit Manager
60 Hours per fortnight
Join an organisation with a genuine commitment to family friendly practices, work-life balance and a wide array of learning and development programs. We offer strong, flexible career paths and provide unique opportunities to work across Ramsay’s network of facilities.
About the Role
In this role you will work closely with the Nurse Unit Manager in the efficient management of staff and resources within our Maternity Ward ensuring achievement of excellence in care in line with policies and procedures, best practice and legislative requirements.
You will be mentoring and leading a passionate team of midwives, nurses and clinical support staff alongside a supportive leadership team so this role will suit an individual driven to help others succeed. This is a perfect opportunity for a senior nurse/midwife to step up into a management role and build your clinical leadership skillset.
You will have the chance to participate in a comprehensive orientation program and receive extensive support from the Nurse Unit Manager.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a trained Midwife with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment. You will bring a capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor.
The flexibility to handle a rotating roster along with weekend and evening shifts will also be key for this role.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and dual Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Midwife is essential and dual registration as a Nurse will be highly regarded.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as an antenatal, birth suite or postnatal midwife.
- Previous experience providing care to women experiencing complications of pregnancy will be highly regarded.
- Any clinical leadership experience or post-graduate specialty qualifications will be highly regarded.
On offer is a PRO RATA annual salary of $97,656 + Superannuation.
About the Organisation
We are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Janette Rule at RuleJ@ramsayhealth.com.au.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend