Job no: 514276
Work type: Full time
Location: Westmead Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
About the Role
An exciting permanent full-time opportunity has arisen for an experienced and professional Patient Administration Officer to join our Pre-Admissions Department!
In this role you will perform efficient and accurate data entry of patient pre-admission and surgery services admission information in line with hospital policies and processes. You will also process incoming correspondence and prepare patient communication letters as required. Additionally, you will develop and maintain a working knowledge of Health Fund contracts in order to perform health fund checks as required.
To succeed in this role, you will be an effective and approachable administrative professional with a passion for client care and delivering high standards of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills, superior problem solving and conflict resolution abilities. This role calls for individuals with a strong capacity to manage a variety of administrative tasks and priorities over the course of the workday.
You will also bring:
- Strong Administrative with efficient, accurate typing and intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- A strong customer service background
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks within designated timeframes
- A good work ethic, initiative, punctuality, integrity and respect for others
- Experience in a health services environment
- Certificate in medical terminology
- Experience in hospital database systems
- Previous Health Fund knowledge
Westmead Private Hospital is a modern facility offering a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Located in western Sydney, Westmead Private has developed a strong focus in interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, urology and orthopaedics. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Vicki Massey at MasseyV@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 22nd April 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend