- Permanent part time
- Lead, support & motivate our Cardiology Services
- Work for well-respected global health care industry
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Cardiology
Permanent Part Time – 48 hours per fortnight
A wonderful opportunity exists at Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital for a Clinical Nurse Specialist to lead, motivate and support our Cardiology Services.
About the Role
The Cardiology services at Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital comprises of a 32-bed ward, 2 Cath labs, 8 bed ICU and a 3 bed CCU, that specialises in cardiac thoracic and vascular surgery. Our comprehensive cardiac and cardiothoracic care service focuses on the diagnosis, treatment and management of disorders of the cardiovascular or circulatory system, including the heart and arteries, and is supported by the latest in cardiac technology and techniques.
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), your role will be responsible for ensuring excellence in care delivery is maintained across the facility, while contributing to and participating in the education of all levels of staff. In addition, this position will also incorporate the role of a TAVI coordinator where you will support and coordinate patient information that needs to be collated for discussion at the TAVI Heart team meetings.
Other duties and responsibilities as a CNS will involve, but is not limited to;
- Ensuring care and education provided in the facility is done so safely, according to research-based, best practice nursing principles and the relevant Hospital policies;
- Demonstrate competence in management of patients requiring antibiotics, IVT, head box oxygen, isolette care, and/or transfer;
- Plan, implement and evaluate patient care activities through the use of clinical pathways, clinical outcome plans and risk assessment tools; and
- Act as a liaison and co-ordinate patient TAVI admissions.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset with experience in and a passion for Cardiology. Your strong leadership, excellent time management and developed clinical problem-solving skills will assist you in this role.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will also have the following;
- Relevant registration with AHPRA
- Relevant post graduate qualification plus 12 months experience working in a Cardiology department
- A minimum of 5 years post registration experience
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in accreditation processes, clinical indicators and other quality projects
- Demonstrated ability to implement and evaluate nursing policies and protocols
- Effective skills in planning, coordination and decision making within relevant practice setting
Candidates who have completed a Preceptorship Program will be highly regarded.
Why Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital?
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties.
Facilities include 6 state-of-the-art operating theatres, two cardiac catheter laboratories, a minor procedure room, a day surgery unit, an 8-bed intensive care unit, a coronary care unit and a day infusion unit and renal unit. Medical consulting suites are located onsite together with comprehensive pathology and radiology services. Other onsite facilities include a retail pharmacy and coffee shop.
We are committed to becoming an employer-of-choice through:
- National staff development programs
- Employee benefit programs
- Family friendly workplaces
- Flexible salary packaging to suit your individual needs
The Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital offers a great opportunity for a career and lifestyle change in a significant area of growth.
On offer is a full-time equivalent annual salary of:
$107,217 - $114,792 + Superannuation and based on experience.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunity to specified to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Helen Culshaw-Lowe, Nurse Unit Manager at CulshawLoweH@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 28th of April 11.55pm