Group Therapist/ Clinical Psychologist
Job no: 514671
Work type: Part time
Location: Northside Group Cremorne Clinic
Categories: Allied Health Professionals, Social/Welfare
We are seeking experienced Clinical Psychologists / Psychologists / Counsellors / Mental Health Occupational Therapists / Mental Health Social Workers to join the Northside Group Cremorne Clinic in this Permanent Part Time opportunity.
About the Role
The position involves working on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with Department of Veterans’ Affairs patients and general mental health patients who are experiencing mood and anxiety disorders.
The role will involve planning and facilitation of Group Therapy Programs, which provide support, skills and education in the treatment and management of mental health illnesses. We also have opportunities to complement this position with private practice.
Please see the hours below:
Monday- Inpatient Group 0830-1330
Monday- Day Program Group 0830-1630
Wednesday- Inpatient Group 0830-1500
Thursday- Day Program Group 0830-1630
Saturday- Inpatient Group 0830-1330
To succeed in this role, you will be a motivated, energetic and flexible team player with a high degree of professionalism. You will have excellent clinical and communication skills and strive to have a positive impact on the wellbeing of patients. You will have experience in a sole facilitation group therapy role. You will also have the following selection criteria:
- Relevant mental health profession registration
- Relevant mental health profession qualifications
- Experience in facilitating group therapy
- Experience with Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy as well as other therapeutic modalities
- Excellent customer service skills and be able to work autonomously
- Demonstrated initiative and creative thinking
- Post graduate qualifications in Clinical Psychology
- Experience with Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Experience working with patients who have a history of trauma
Northside Group is part of Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest provider of private health care, and has facilities in St Leonards, Cremorne, Wentworthville and Campbelltown. The Northside Clinic is a leading provider of Mental Health services in New South Wales specialising in the treatment of, Mood Disorders, Drug and Alcohol addictions and Eating Disorders.
We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way – “People Caring for People” and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email Patrick Power on PowerP@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 21 June 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend