Clinical Nurse (CCU)
Job no: 514702
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Hollywood Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Clinical Nurse (CCU)
Permanent Part Time/Full Time Role – Minimum 45 hours per fortnight with the opportunity to be full time!
About the Role
Our 9 bedded CCU investigates and treats chronic and acute cardiac conditions and is supported by a 24-hour on-call angiography team. Cardiac services available onsite include Cardiac rehabilitation, Cardiothoracic surgery, Nuclear medicine (Myocardial perfusion scans) & Radiology (XRAY, CT & MRI).
As a Clinical Nurse, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the unit, providing support to the Clinical Nurse Manager’s and developing the nursing team, whilst making a valuable contribution to the hospital's continuous improvement process. You will work alongside a range of professionals with specialist expertise in the area of Coronary Care/Cardiology and Cardiothoracic. Your role will involve, but is not limited to;
- Identifying and anticipating patient problems and assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating their plan of care; and
- Communicating effectively and managing rapidly changing situations that affect patient care and workload
To succeed in this role, you will bring extensive clinical skills and experience working in CCU and hold a passion for client care. Demonstrating creative and innovative leadership, you will have the ability to empower staff and foster a culture that is positive, cohesive and supportive.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria;
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Current Coronary Care experience minimum 3 years
- Relevant Post Graduate Certificate or working towards
- Knowledge of current legislation and policies relating to nursing practice in the workplace
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (Written and verbal)
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
Candidates with a relevant Diploma or Masters in Coronary Care Nursing, Certificate in Cardiothoracic care and current Advanced Life Support (ALS 2 Competency) will be highly regarded.
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With 860 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 Western Australian's each year.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement: a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like more information about this opportunity please contact Danielle Payne or Sheeba Kurian, Clinical Nurse Managers at CCUCNM.HPH@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 19th May 2021.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend