Job no: 514727
Work type: Part time
Location: Joondalup Health Campus
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
About the Role
A unique opportunity exists for a Senior Clinical Psychologist, or someone looking to move up into a Senior role, to join Joondalup Health Campus on a permanent part time basis. In this role you will be joining the Mental Health Unit which consists of 47 beds and is authorised to provide acute inpatient services to adults.
You will be responsible for the provision of a clinical psychology service, incorporating education and research within a multidisciplinary and professional environment. Further to this, you will undertake assessments, formulations and brief intervention therapies within context of multidisciplinary team. Contributing to the development of and participating in the delivery of the therapeutic program, you will consult to families, carers and community-based services.
Reporting to the Mental Health Service Manager, you will work closely with a supportive and respected team.
To succeed in this role, you will have demonstrated experience in acute mental health in-patient and/or outpatient treatment settings at an advanced level of practice and knowledge of contemporary practice and skills.
You will also require the following:
- Registered with the Psychologists’ Board of Australia and endorsed as a Clinical Psychologist
- Masters Degree in Psychology (Clinical) from an APSS approved course or equivalent
- Minimum two-years experience post endorsement
- Demonstrated ability to make independent clinical decisions and apply risk assessment principles
- Demonstrated ability to act as Clinical Consultant to staff
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining and upgrading professional skills through further education
- Completion of Psychology Board approved supervisor training program
Demonstrated experience in provision of clinical education and supervision to students or provisional psychologists and participation in development of clinical policy and program reviews would be desirable.
Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Craig Creswell at CreswellC@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 27th May 2021 at 11.55pm
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend