Job no: 514790
Work type: Full time
Location: North Shore Private Hospital
Categories: Property Building Maintenance/Groundsperson/Security
Permanent full time opportunity!
About the Role
As a Maintenance Officer you will undertake all assigned maintenance duties, including work related to general hospital maintenance including planned and reactive maintenance.
Duties may include:
- Maintenance and repairs – this may include medical gas distribution and ordering, patching and painting, daily plant inspections and meter reads, lighting maintenance, tiling, basic plumbing and other general repairs
- Shifting furniture and assist with preparing wards for refurbishment
- Assist trades staff with the completion of their duties
- Planned and reactive maintenance – complete all planned works that are agreed manually whilst also repairing any immediate requirements that arise
- Work alongside the Hospital’s preferred suppliers where relevant and ensuring all work carried out by a contractor is within the planned budget
- Safe place to work – ensure that all health and safety regulations are adhered to, areas are kept tidy and you are an advocate for keeping team members and customers safe at all times
- You will be required to manage contractors that attend site for preventative maintenance, this requires conducting inductions and filling out work permits.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to develop relationships with colleagues and customers. You will have the ability to ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to and work is carried out in a tidy safe manner.
You will also bring:
- NSW Class C Drivers Licence
- WH&S White Card (preferred)
- 5 years’ experience in a commercial/industrial setting
- Willingness to work at other nearby Ramsay facilities when required
On offer is an hourly rate ranging from $25 - $26 + superannuation
North Shore Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Healthcare a modern, acute care hospital in Sydney with a longstanding reputation for excellence in patient care. With 313 licenced beds, North Shore Private is one of NSW’s largest Private Hospitals. The hospital performs most surgical specialties including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, advanced general and colorectal, urology, spinal surgery, ENT, vascular, paediatrics, oncology and medical care.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Brad Leet, Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor at LeetB@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 13th May 2021.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend