Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is seeking a senior clinician with a background in quality and risk to provide leadership in the continuous improvement across our facility.
This position is permanent full time and reports to the Director of Clinical Services
About the Role
The safety and wellbeing of our staff and patients is our priority, in this role you will work to support and foster an organisational culture that embraces quality and strives to continually improve patient and business outcomes in line with relevant regulatory requirements.
As the Quality and Risk Manager you will provide strategic and operational leadership to the Hospital team to ensure compliance in relation to patient safety and feedback, governance processes and legislative reporting in line with our Patient Safety and Clinical Quality Framework. You will also be responsible for ensuring structures and processes are in place to support compliance with standards of accreditation and licencing.
Reporting directly to the Director of Clinical Services, you will be responsible for facilitating the Hospital’s clinical and non-clinical risk management programs. This will entail overseeing the collection, management and evaluation of clinical indicators and the investigation and resolution of clinical incidents and adverse events.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA
- Experience in patient-related incident management & investigation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an acute hospital setting
- Experience in risk assessment, development and implementation of risk reduction strategies, policies and procedures
- Strong understanding of the concepts, principles and practice of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to develop relationships with key stakeholders and facilitate change management initiatives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to produce comprehensive reports such as business analysis and strategic direction documents
- Excellent work ethic, time management skills & the ability to work independently
- Strong computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Office and clinical risk database
Candidates with a nursing or allied health background and who hold a tertiary qualification in a relevant field will be highly regarded.
Lake Macquarie and the Hunter region offer wonderful life style's for families/singles wishing to relocate. The Hunter Valley, Port Stephens, Newcastle and Lake Macquarie are all at the door step.
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187 bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated on the Pacific Highway at Gateshead, 15 kms south of the Newcastle CBD. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
The hospitals are owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Melea Walker-Charles at WalkerCharlesM@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 16th May 2021 at 11.55pm